Professional BCA Degree and Bsc. in Environment & Water Management Course introduced in GDC Beerwah
The college is proud to announce admissions to Professional 3-Year Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) Degree and Bsc. in Environment and Water Management Courses from 2019 session.
Bachelor in Computer Applications (BCA) - 3 Year, Six-semester, Professional Degree
BCA is a three year undergraduate degree programme for candidates wishing to delve into the world of Computer languages. One of the most popular options to get started with a career in Information Technology, the programme gives you an insight into the world of computers and its applications. BCA, besides incorporating latest developmentsinto its curriculum, also helps in bridging the gap between the IT industry and academic institutes.
A BCA degree is considered to be the desired eligibility to work in the corporate IT sector. The degree helps interested students setting up a sound academic base for an advanced career in Computer Applications or to seek jobs in the IT industry.
BCA: Types of Job Profiles & Top Recruiters
In the ever growing IT industry, the demand for BCA graduates is increasing rapidly. With a BCA degree, candidates can find lucrative job opportunities in private as well publish sector.
Some of the leading IT companies recruiting BCA graduates include Oracle, IBM, Infosys and Wipro. Government organizations like the Indian Air Force(IAF), Indian Army, and India Navy hire a large bunch of computer professionals for their IT department.
Some of the job profiles that one can bag after completing a BCA programme is that of a:
- System Engineer
- Software Tester
- Junior Programmer
- Web Developer
- System Administrator
- Software Developer
As far as the salary is concerned, a fresher working for a leading MNC might get a salary ranging from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month. However, it was reported that IT giants like Facebook, Microsoft etc pays a six figure salary to a fresh graduate.
What after BCA?
This is one of the most common question asked by candidates. You could give an instant thrust to your career by pursuing MCA after BCA.
However, there are other options too that you could consider doing after completing your BCA degree:
- Prepare for CAT and go for an MBA in IT Management
- Complete your Master’s degree by studying MSC (IT)
- Go for a networking diploma and prepare for CCNP or CCNA certification
- Prepare for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification or Redhat certifications and work as a System Administrator or Desktop Technician or Help desk Assistant.
- You could also improve your teaching skills and work as a computer teacher/instructor in school, universities and colleges
- If you are good in web programming then improve your coding skills and make your career in Web Development. You can also work as an independent web designer.
- A lot of BCA graduates also go for government jobs. You could consider one too.