The College Library
The library is an indispensable source of acquiring knowledge and information. Located at the first floor of the main building, our library is an integral part of higher learning in the College stocking all the necessary books and periodicals that the students and faculty consult to enrich literary and academic strength. In addition to the specious hall of the library that possess collection of large number of books pertaining to various disciplines like Science, Social Science, Humanities and Commerce, the college library has a separate area where the students and faculty members read books and secondary material as per their need and interest. Besides books covering the prescribed syllabi, the college Library subscribes to various Newspapers, Journals, Magazines, Reference Material etc in order to cater the varied academic and intellectual needs of the students for the upgradation and smooth functioning of the college library. The college constitutes Library Committee that decides and adopts policies to constantly upgrade its facilities and activities for the benefit of the student community
The mission of the College Library includes:
- Leadership for the selection, organization, access, and preservation of sources of knowledge in all formats;
- Exemplary information services designed to fulfill the information needs of students;
- Inspirational environments for collaborative and individual discovery, study, and learning.
- The Libraries are essential partners in the creative exploration, intellectual growth, and scholarly pursuits of the College. The vision of the College Library include:
- Provide expertise, services, and tools that prominently position the Libraries throughout the life cycle of research, teaching, and learning.
- Integrate innovative approaches to how the Libraries develop, disseminate, and preserve collection and information resources.
The Library works towards accomplishing the following aims and objectives:
- To encourage all the students of College to reach their full potential as independent learners and develop a positive attitude to become life-long learners.
- To provide a supportive and inspiring environment for students as well as staff.
- To support The College’s curriculum by providing access to relevant and qualitative resources for students and staff.
- To foster the enjoyment of reading as a recreational activity in all members of the College.
- To impart information skills among the students necessary to access library resources.
- To contribute to the development of positive personal attributes within each student.
- To develop awareness among students regarding the importance of books and other resources as a means of recording, disseminating and sharing human achievements and aspirations.
It is a matter of great pleasure that the College Library tries hard to achieve the excellence in academic enhancement. In order to maintain the momentum of quality consciousness, the Library has undertaken several steps during the year 2022. The academic environment of the Library was stimulated to enhance the quality of reading and learning. A good library should have a good stock of books. The college library is well stocked, and provides access to all types of books and other information sources like encyclopedias, dictionaries etc that students need at any time.
I am happy to present the Library Status for the academic year 2022. Hope, we all contribute to the society through the pursuit of Education, Learning and Research at the highest level of Excellence as envisaged in our mission.